Full Day Workshop: Senior Dance Level
Sunday, Jan 21, 2018 9:00am
|Location||deLaski Performing Arts Building 3011 - Dance Studio, Fairfax Campus, deLaski Performing Arts Building 3009 - Dance Studio, Fairfax Campus|
|Presented By||Virginia Dance Coalition|
Full Day Workshop Package Includes: entry into all four master classes, attend both educational seminars, one (1) ticket to the Gala Performance on Friday, January 19th, at 7:30pm., one (1) ticket to the Informal Dance Showcase on Sunday, January 21st, at 2:30pm., and a DanceFest 2018 commemorative workshop t-shirt.
Must Register Separately for Workshop - To Register for Full Day Workshop, go to http://www.virginiadancecoalition.org
Senior Dance Level: Advanced Students through Professional Level Dancers
Ages: 13 and up
Level of Dance Experience Required: Must have at least one (1) year of dance experience as an Advanced, Pre-Professional and/or Professional Level Dancer
Master Classes and Educational Seminars: Sunday, January 21, 2018
Check-in for Workshop: begins at 9:00 a.m., at the deLaski Performing Arts Building, George Mason University, Fairfax Campus.
Workshop Master Classes held in four styles of dance and instructed by:
- Ballet – Rasta Thomas - founder of the Bad Boys of Dance and Artistic Director of the ShowBiz National Talent Competition.
- Contemporary/Modern – Roger Jeffery - George Mason University Assistant Professor of Dance, former member of Twyla Tharp dance and Baryshnikov’s White Oak Project.
- Hip Hop – Cameron Bennet - Director of Operations and Dancer with Culture Shock.
- African Dance – Sherly Pollard-Thomas – presently teaches at Princess Mhoon Dance Institute, former Co-Chair and dance instructor at Boston Arts Academy and former Principal/Soloist with Forces of Nature Dance Theater.
Workshop Educational Seminars, designed for the dancer, their parents and instructors, conducted by:
- Body Dynamics Inc. – presents Dancer Wellness; a seminar on the overall health and well-being of a dancer
- Susan Shields - Director of George Mason School of Dance - presents The Prepared Dancer; a seminar on being prepared to enter a college university dance program. Seminar will cover everything from being prepared to audition, what daily life is like and what is expected of a dancer from their first year entering a dance program through graduation; to the vast array of career opportunities available to a dancer after graduating from a college university dance program.
*Parking at George Mason University is free in Lot K or parking is available in the Mason Pond Parking Deck for a fee.
Full Day Workshop Packages:
Purchase before December 31, 2017, midnight, for Early Bird rate: $125.00* (for VaDC Members) & $155.00* (for Non-Members)
Purchases beginning January 1, 2018, rate: $140.00* (for VaDC Members) & $170.00* (for Non-Members)
All VADC Members and Professional Dancers can obtain an affiliation code from their Artistic Directors to be entered as a coupon code when paying for registration. Professional Dancers may also Contact the VADC for code by sending an email request to VIRGINIADANCECOALITION@GMAIL.COM